Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Username:
Password:

Pages: 1
February 15, 2018, 11:20:20 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

On January 20,2018 a video titled Miss USA and Miss Universe meet President Richard Nixon was uploaded on You Tube.. I wish we could hear what they were saying,but there is music instead. Nixon was probably wondering" Why wasn't the other girl Miss Universe"?

February 16, 2018, 10:00:55 am
Erik
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

Hey Garland, how's it going?

Yeah, we all know who should have won Miss Universe, so no need to revisit. Nixon was probably thinking "the Miss Universe judges must be blind as bats!"  Big grin

It's interesting that back in those days, Debbie was a big Nixon supporter, and a conservative Republican. Today, she's a liberal Democrat. In fact, she's so left wing, she could almost be a Canadian! Big grin  Guess that's what you might call the "Hollywood Effect" - or maybe she's spending too much time up here....  Big grin

February 16, 2018, 10:00:10 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator, I am doing OK as far as my swollen feet are doing. They are not as bad, but I just can't seem to get rid of all of it. I wish this had been on the news and may have been, but I just missed it. I don't know the exact day this was, but wish it had been in the news. She never came to Richmond as Miss USA but she did in Fredericksburg in November of 1970. Some guy at work told me he saw her on the 11:00 news the night before, but I missed that. It would have been close to her 22nd birthday.
 Politically I had always been independent of political parties since we don't register by parties. We didn't have hardly any primaries back then. I would have thought of myself as a conservative and still do. I don't like much of what Hollywood makes these days and do go to see them.
 Wish you and Gail the best. Garland

February 16, 2018, 10:04:45 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

I meant to say I don't go to movies anymore.

February 16, 2018, 10:15:17 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Sorry Erik, for some reason I thought you were gator and wasn't paying attention. Am I getting that old and senile ? I hope not. Garland

February 17, 2018, 11:43:32 am
Erik
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

It's OK Garland, I make plenty of mistakes like that myself - definitely a sign of approaching decrepitude...  Big grin

I also identify as politically independent (the political parties up here, and the political system in general, are just as corrupt as in the US) and conservative. (Yes, there are right wing Canadians, but they mostly live here in rural Canada.)

No argument from me about what comes out of Hollywood these days - big budgets, but formulaic, recycled plots, pure crap. It costs so much to make a Hollywood flick that none of the film makers want to gamble on anything original or unique - just remake old stuff that made money in the past...

Pages: 1

admin@deborahshelton.net www.deborahshelton.net