Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Username:
Password:

Pages: « 1 2 3
July 25, 2017, 05:14:53 pm
gator
Supreme Member

you're not even CLOSE to "seven-0", Junior...sniffing too much stain (or whatever).... Laughing

July 26, 2017, 07:31:48 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi Erik and everybody,so your son is getting married. I hope things work just fine and the wedding is a big celebration and the best to him and his bride. I think you have a few years to go before you catch up with me. I could never cut down trees with chainsaws. I am now a septuagenarian.
And gator, I hope your swelling isn't from a concussion. They take that more serious now. Maybe you were just being funny. I got a laugh from it. Take care of Gail, I still have that picture you sent me of her. I just saw the doctor again and she, that's right she wants to know why I was anemic and it could possibly be the cause of the swelling. I have more doctors to see.
Memories Radio, glad to have  you on this site. Debbie's mouth and lips is something I have noticed for a long time. Even before her close up commercials for radio stations. I have to admit I did have a crush on her. Now I feel a genuine affection for her. I hope you stay around and continue to chat.
 That is all I can think of for now.

July 27, 2017, 11:46:22 am
Erik
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

Thanks Garland! They've been living together for a few years now, so it's not like they're gonna have to adjust to new living arrangements. Still, something about that level of commitment makes some of us a bit nervous... Big grin

I'm 62 now - not 70, but no spring chicken... Actually hired a guy to help me with staining the really high stuff on the house this time around (35 ft high in the back) - wouldn't have done that 5 years ago...

Time and tide wait for no one...

July 27, 2017, 02:37:35 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi Erik, no it doesn't. Don't strain yourself. At our age things start breaking down. I used to have perfect eyesight, but then needed reading glasses and now prescription glasses. There are other things I can't do either. This inactivity is causing me to gain weight so I should get out more. I just hope  your health holds up well into retirement.

July 27, 2017, 03:24:22 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Hey Papa..the only time you "get out" is when I take you to lunch, and THEN you eat like a hog...so, contradiction in actions. Better come up with a new plan!  icon_wink

Yo, Woodrunner..is the stain running on your wood? Want me to show you how to "cut it" at 65?....and, our very best wishes and prayers for a long and happy life together to Andrew and Jessica (learn to play "Jessica" by Bloodrock by reception time)

And...hey, Mr MR...you were waiting for some extra action here...it might be just silly coffee clutching at the moment, but it IS some action...throw in a quip or too, no matter how silly..let's see where it leads.

And....AND...DEEEEEDEEEE...I'm calling you! Never the same lest YOU are part of the recipe...kick some words of wisdom, like in the past...we need Monsieur La Pue to spice things up!   Big grin

As for Christo, Bela, and our boy Tony in Australia..........GET OFF YOUR DERRIERS AND PAY A VISIT!!! ('can you say "hello"?, I know that you can'.......now one ever heard of Mr Rodgers on THAT side of The Pond)

C'mon, guys...once more for old times sake! Gonna stay on your cases til you do, so may as well get it over with..don't underestimate my "pain in the ass" abilities!   Cool

"G"ator....."G"aining momentum   (or...I could turn the Gailienne loose on you...THEN you'd have to move!)  Censored 

July 27, 2017, 04:39:54 pm
Christo
Administrator
Supreme Member

Here I am  Cool
It took me less than a minute to do the right thing after Mr G email 'invitation'  Big grin
Enjoying the lovely Summer time  So sweet ...it's raining all the time since last week, it was about time otherwise I would have thought I'm on holiday  Big grin
Hopefully you are all doing well guys!
Erik, I recently noticed my Xmas reply to you was never actually sent Confused

July 27, 2017, 04:55:55 pm
Christo
Administrator
Supreme Member

OMG, just went through some old posts on the site, obviously I am also getting older  Laughing

July 28, 2017, 08:22:22 am
Erik
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

Hey Garland, I find that at this age, the more I do, the more I'm capable of still doing, if that makes any sense... Confused  I stopped playing Oldtimers' Hockey about 2 years ago, but that was only because we could only get ice time at 11:00 PM, not because I couldn't play anymore...

Sorry Gator, but The Lady prefers the Allman Brothers version (ok, it's the Allmans post Duane, but Dickie Betts has a great blues rock vibe), so that's what I'm tapped to play - ya know, the version where I have to play about 7 straight minutes of solo in front of about 85 people...  Roll eyes  Eek

Christo!!!  Big grin Cool Good to hear from ya, My Brother! Christmas reply?? Save it for next year!  Big grin  Yeah you are getting older! What were you when we first started the site? 17 as I recall...

July 28, 2017, 01:33:41 pm
didi
Supreme Member

Hello Bunchers just passing by dropping a big hello to you....

I'm on my way to my 50's now, true , time goes by but on other end i like it...... slowly getting rid of old daemons and frustrations..getting older is great in fact....a different childhood.

I share some thoughts with you:

"By passionately believing in something that does not yet exist, it is created. The non-existent is all that we have not desired enough."

Franz-kafka

Take care good guys and remember

"La vie est belle "

A bientot.

DD

We have no future, we have no past
I write this now while I'm in control
I'll choose the words and how the melody goes,
Along winding streets we walked hand in hand
And how I long for that sharp wind
To take my breath away again
I'd run my fingers through your hair.

July 28, 2017, 01:49:36 pm
didi
Supreme Member

Share that one very special with you guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHH9NcRRrOI

We have no future, we have no past
I write this now while I'm in control
I'll choose the words and how the melody goes,
Along winding streets we walked hand in hand
And how I long for that sharp wind
To take my breath away again
I'd run my fingers through your hair.

July 28, 2017, 05:57:35 pm
Christo
Administrator
Supreme Member

Christo!!!  Big grin Cool Good to hear from ya, My Brother! Christmas reply?? Save it for next year!  Big grin  Yeah you are getting older! What were you when we first started the site? 17 as I recall...

Yeah, 16 and trying to sort out my grammar Big grin I'll write you a new one for next year Cool I guess it's never too late to congratulate you on the brilliant developments in your life Cheers

No issues getting older guys, as long as we are in good health Smile

July 28, 2017, 07:19:26 pm
gator
Supreme Member

AAAAAAH, what a breath of fresh air! Our bro's are visiting..but still missing Tony-O Down Under, and the elusive Bela..but since it's night time now, he should be "awake".

OK, once everyone'e "at the table", I'll get the ball rolling..I was always the "lead off hitter"...so don't go too far, guys. If we're gonna do this right, we gotta make it a 9 inning game...or a 3 period match...or a 90 minute contest (for you folks over the pond).

Stand by, M.R.  you're gonna get your wish.

G

July 28, 2017, 09:24:05 pm
Memories_Radio

Hey folks. Sorry for my idleness as of late. Trips for work got me caught up in other things and gave me little time for leisure, but I'm back home in the mid-Atlantic for now. Glad to have played a part in revitalizing this place. Hope everyone is doing well.

- M. R.

July 29, 2017, 02:03:12 pm
gator
Supreme Member

You won't get off that easy, Memory-Boy...still need to Bunchers to sit down at table: Tony and Bela...and THEN we'll get down to business...I fully expect you (or hope that you will) to join the dance.

(Mid Atlantic, eh? What made me think West Coast? Thought it my be the time posted on your personal mags..looked like 2 hrs BEHIND...oh well...at least you're Western Hemisphere)

You're a "Traveling Man" too, huh? My deepest sympathies........join the club   Big grin

Pages: « 1 2 3

admin@deborahshelton.net www.deborahshelton.net