Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Username:
Password:

Pages: 1
June 14, 2012, 05:56:12 am
gator
Supreme Member

Well, there you have it, folks...the Dallas premier has come and gone, and at this moment in time, ratings are not out yet, but I'm expecting large numbers...after all the hype and curiosity seekers. Whether the series will "endure" remains to be seen.

As for myself, and our Club membership...we liked it...mostly. Two concerns, though: A)--Cynthia Cidre's commitment to keep the pace "moving" was evident...but, to the detrement of the performances, I'm afraid. That is to say, "character development" is not rooted. There's some high-level passion in the scene scenarios, and it's 'washed' by flipping to another sub-plot so quickly. Some of these names in the cast are fine actors that can't establish themselves within their parts outside of a 'steccato' scene rythem...sorta like an internet news page: better read fast, or you'll miss it. And in the show's case, there's no 'paging back'.

B)---In connection with the scene pace, the film editing is equally rapid. This is not a new concept (NYPD BLUE was famous for this trick, and, with shoulder based cameras, revealing that "shaky" view) At least Dallas shots are mounted. But, it still causes an 'irritation' while viewing...one cannot focus on any solid visuality at any given moment. In short, the two niches together often cause a "what was that?" brain response. Then one is forced to catch up on the next 'second by second' action. We were relieved when a commercial hit, at times.

The only 'lame duck' moment of the show was the 'near-brawl' that the characters of John Ross and Christopher (Henderson & Metcalfe) engaged in near the end, in Chris's bar. THAT could have been a 'cherry' scene, with the tension of the previous 1 1/2 hours between those two at the boiling point. They should've torn the place apart. But, alas...it "fizzled' rapidly! They both 'whimped' out...poorly written? Badly directed? Whatever the reason...it FAILED big time!!! The "what? what the hell was that?!...ahhh s***, that was LAME!!!"...was unanimous on this end.

All in all, it was good, and we all enjoyed it. The hope now is that the series will endure, and prosper. Then, maybe...just maybe...we'll see Miss Shelton "back home" in Dallas. Eric has relayed the "open invitation' quip from Monday's Josh Henderson interview, to Deborah directly, and now the ball is in her and "her peoples'" court. This "Bring Back Mandy" project started a year ago, and I've taken it as far as is feasible thru THIS venue. The future is up to the ratings, the producers, the viewers, the fans...and DEBORAH SHELTON. Fade 'em, shake 'em, and roll 'em, Miss D. We're waiting in the wings.

"G"ator..."g"ave it our all..............P.S. If, and when, the time comes, I REALLY hope she ends up with a part that's a "little" longer than the Kanaly/Tilton scene last night. These two were "creditied regulars" on the original, and they barely had time to smile and spit out a few words in the wedding scene. Wondering whether that was THEIR choice, or the producer's? We'll find out in the ensuing episodes, but, as it was, it was almost 'pitifull'. Wouldn't wanna see "D" smile and say 'hi' in some restaurant shot...then VANISH! Might as well stay home, then.

June 15, 2012, 03:13:24 pm
didi
Supreme Member

6.9 millions have seen the show so far...don't know if it is only for France?

Compared to the 40+ millions before.......are u sure it's gonna get somewhere??

First episode though...not sure people are so found of soaps nowadays....

Well we'll see.

We have no future, we have no past
I write this now while I'm in control
I'll choose the words and how the melody goes,
Along winding streets we walked hand in hand
And how I long for that sharp wind
To take my breath away again
I'd run my fingers through your hair.

June 16, 2012, 01:50:01 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Hey, Frenchy, Gailienne here,

Gator just passed through Nashville and I just read him all four of your replys.  He will call Carol Memmott at US Today on Monday, and try to get the North American numbers. 

6.9 million???  Those had BETTER BE FRENCH NUMBERS...because if not, Miss D will be staying home!!

And as to the "dog and cat thing..."  you and Gator can stick it up your litter box!!!   Mad

....G-girl   icon_wink

PS - Take care of those girls!  They're precious.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Deborah Shelton Online <admin@deborahshelton.net> wrote:

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by didi.

View the reply at: http://deborahshelton.net/board/index.php?topic=675.new;topicseen#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by clicking here: http://deborahshelton.net/board/index.php?action=notify;topic=675.0

More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.

Regards,
The Deborah Shelton Online Team.

June 17, 2012, 04:04:24 pm
didi
Supreme Member

Hey GG nice to hear from you once in a while.

Send my best at the occasion to the wanderer....

As for the cat and dog thing watch that one.

June 17, 2012, 04:06:16 pm
didi
Supreme Member

My new dog recently adopted with his buddy..

June 17, 2012, 05:25:33 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Hey, Didi,

I told, Gary, you wished him a happy father's day, thank you.  As far as the picture goes...VERY SWEET.  We are pet lovers too and have three cats.  The big one looks just like your kitten only orange instead of grey. 

Anyway, did you watch Dallas?  I enjoyed it and am looking forward to this weeks episode.  Hey, what can I say, I like my stories.

Take care,

G-girl

June 19, 2012, 10:12:08 am
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi Didi,I like the picture of the dog and cat resting next toeach other .My brother and his family used to have two dogs and three cats.The dogs were French poodles and the cats, I don't know what they were.Do you know why the dogs are called French poodles?        Hi Gail,tell Gary a happy belated father's day.Thanks,Garland.

June 22, 2012, 01:47:30 pm
didi
Supreme Member

Did not have a chance to watch Dallas,don't wich which channel it was aired over here..if it has ever,i''l just wait until Debbie Shelton steps in to give it a glimpse.

As for the french poodles i have no clue not to keen about those ones even they're nice dogs but not rugged enough for me..

Although it is forbiden here to hunt with them,..just because they are too good a it for the game.

Strange isn'it??

Hey Gail thx for your wishes to my american dad. icon_wink
Tell him to stay safe on the road.

June 23, 2012, 05:13:16 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi Didi,thanks for the information on the poodles.They took one of the poodles,before they got the second one,to the mountains.They rode a boat on a lake and she jumped out into the water and swam around for a while.It seemed to come natural.The other one was older and had an arthritic back.They never had any puppies.The cats and dogs didn't play together.They just ignored each other.

Pages: 1

admin@deborahshelton.net www.deborahshelton.net