Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Username:
Password:

Pages: 1
June 09, 2012, 05:40:15 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Gonna see this 'Dallas' thing thru, folks. And in that spirit, here's some new info...such as it is:

USA Today, dated June 7, Life Section, front page: "Meanwhile, Back At The Southfork Ranch..."---large article by Carol Memmott regarding the whole "kit 'n kabootle"...a LITTLE too much to re-post here. But, the one paragraph that caught my eye was (quote from producer Cythia Cidre): "We're approaching this as a grounded family drama. Pretty much most of the scenes involve both generations. I'm not setting out to separate them."....Interesting.

Now...let's go back in time a bit---"For All To See" ('sticky topic'/General Chat) dated July 3, 2011: "We know that several main names from the original...are already in the cast, and our (our?) theory is that bringing back the stronger characters from that era...can only serve to draw additional viewers from the first generation of loyal Dallas fans, in addition to this younger generation that this contemporary cast is designed to attract."

I suppose one could say that this 'strategy' is a "no-brainer"...but then again, it's good to know that Production is on the right track.

So....in the spirit of "what the hell..it's not the first time I've called USA"...I dialed the Virginia office, and was put thru...to...Carol Memmott. Thought I would get her voice, but, low and behold, she picked up. Had a pleasant and informative chat regarding the piece, and I DID ask her if anything came up regarding bringing ADDITIONAL "old-timers" back in the fold. She replied that it never surfaced, but, Steve Canaly and Charlene Tilton do have a cameo appearance in a wedding scene at Southfork. So, I'm hoping that the idea is, at least, on the back burner. Naturally, all roads lead to good- to- great ratings. Ergo, tune in on Wednesday, Folks...TNT, 9 PM Eastern (those of you in the Western Hemisphere...didi, mon frer, we'll have to keep you up on things...unless you have a GREAT satellite dish).

Carol also mentioned that they let her view "two episodes" (doesn't sound like the pilot on Wednesday), and she truly felt that they were good, with Josh Henderson and Jesse Metcalfe stealing the screen (THAT"S what we need), and a new story line involving actress Jordana Brewster, playing the daughter of the Ewing's long time cook, is a saucy add on to current events. Her character name is Elena Ramos, and she grew up with John Ross and Christopher (Henderson and Metcalfe) and....and...has "slept with both of them", and keeps them at each others' throats" (ahhhh."One Life To Live" at its best).

Anyway, children, the cards are on the table, and it's game time. The hoopla is about to become reality...and I KNOW Miss D's people are watching. If you didn't join in on the write in campaign, at least "tune in" Wednesday, and get those numbers up. It's the only way to help get that door open for Mandy Winger's homecoming...with her illegitimate son by JR, claiming his rights to the family fortune, and mama doing all that is possible to see to it (ala Talia Shire in "Godfather III)...that's one possible story line. Let's see...Hagman is 80...our Girl is 63....he may not see the sun rise to leave the damn fortune to anyone.

And...one more...G-Girl just informed me that the cast of Dallas will be on our local "Windy City Live" Monday at 9 am. I'll be OTR by then, but she'll record it, and she'll be listenting for any impromptu comments about "other" old guard coming aboard. (BTW, Ken Kershevel IS back as Cliff Barnes...he's in the articel. So, the list grows.

I did, in fact, leave my number with Carol, and she "sounded" sincere as to informing me of anything that pops up regarding our Girl (she's supposed to have a follow thru article after the season starts). That's a long shot, but, ya' never know. I DID identify myself as President of the Illinois Film Club, and National Director of AVPA (both of which are true), so maybe she'll take me seriously (no cracks, people...it's like the lottery...ya' can't win if you don't play. And, you know what? SOMEBODY always wins it, sooner or later).

Therefore, folks, there you have it. Just one last quip: WATCH THE SHOW!!!!!! PLEASE...pour favor....si vous plais, etc)

G...."g"ust another Shelton fan

June 10, 2012, 11:03:02 am
Erik
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

Thanks for the update, Gator, and for all of your efforts in this regard.

Deborah's aware of what you're up to, and she's very appreciative. I'll keep reminding her to keep her agents and managers on top of this. What a great potential opportunity for her career!

June 10, 2012, 12:13:37 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Sincere THX, Chief. But...if her 'people' drop the ball on this one, and she needs to make a change....you know my 'professional' history.

....and I'm DEAD SERIOUS on that prospect... (will take AVPA out for a spin, too, and see how THAT dog hunts....as in: CLOUT).

June 10, 2012, 01:26:17 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator and Didi,excellent update.I will be watching.

June 10, 2012, 01:32:29 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator and Gail,what was I thinking?Sorry about that,but I had my mind on something else and at the same time posting.

June 10, 2012, 02:03:39 pm
gator
Supreme Member

WHAT MIND??????????????????????????????????????????????/...........PSYYYYYYYYYYYYCH!!!!!!  Laughing   Laughing   Laughing (byb, Mr. English)

Heeey Papa G!!!!! No problem confusing didi with G-Girl (you should read some e-mails...SHE's the one who came up with "Frenchie"...it's all 'wholesome', though....I think)

But...all ga-ga aside...didi, mon ami: forgot to address your recent family issues.... my apologies, sir. So, JR is at rest, finally (won't even 'touch' the 'JR' idea...your papa-in-law was here first). Thank God...closure at last. But, as we Christians know, he was "home" long before he was nestled in that mountain setting. Sounds beautiful...and Divinely majestic. Gotta believe that he's grateful for your (all of you) efforts. You'll find out either way, someday. Our prayers for your family's healing, and peace, Brother Buncher:...."a far, far better place than I have ever been to before..."     AMEN. (take care of your girls, now...and your son)

Rest well, Monsieur....and you too, Papa G. Hope your health is holding up. (I'll be clear in Orlando on the 19th...maybe THIS time, I'll make it up the Coast. Still dying to see those pics....yeah, THOSE pics).

Got company over, boys....one more before I OTR again....Happy Sunday!!!...God Bless America....God Save the Queen....God Bless Robert E. Lee......Viva la France....and........and........God help Deborah Shelton to her former place of Prominence: 96 hours to "Dallas")

G-Man...."g"otta baste that pork roast

June 10, 2012, 02:55:12 pm
didi
Supreme Member

@no problem Garland i 'm sure everyone understood your whereabouts!

As for the G-girl thing i was quite..let's say..amused with the frenchie stuff ..ya know..but it only really took a little while before the aligator came in to do some cleanup..and sthraitgten things up icon_wink

Thank you Gator ,in fact i thank you all for your kind words and support,the good man is at rest now and the living have to move on and perpetrate history.

Well lads let's get this thing moving!

We have no future, we have no past
I write this now while I'm in control
I'll choose the words and how the melody goes,
Along winding streets we walked hand in hand
And how I long for that sharp wind
To take my breath away again
I'd run my fingers through your hair.

June 10, 2012, 04:05:30 pm
didi
Supreme Member

Well Garland not sure about the"whereabouts" real sense..please don't blame me for that....

Cheers.

We have no future, we have no past
I write this now while I'm in control
I'll choose the words and how the melody goes,
Along winding streets we walked hand in hand
And how I long for that sharp wind
To take my breath away again
I'd run my fingers through your hair.

June 11, 2012, 02:48:35 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hey Didi,at least I wasn't drinking.If you want to tell the difference between a croc and a gator,just ask them to open their mouths and count their teeth.A crocadile has more teeth than an alligator.I don't guess you would try that unless you had a few too many.

June 11, 2012, 03:37:41 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Very interesting retort there, Papa...have to give that some thought...not really Sure where you're coming from on that last quip.

But...you've been on a "roll" lately......are you on new "Meds"?    Laughing

June 12, 2012, 03:58:06 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

No new meds.Just making a suggestion.I wouldn't try it.

June 13, 2012, 12:33:25 pm
gator
Supreme Member

....and a "whimsical" suggestion at that!!! Laughing  (Counting croc teeth?...a few too many?......are---you---SURE---you're not taking something 'else'?)..... Big grin

June 13, 2012, 02:55:23 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Absolutly sure.

June 13, 2012, 03:34:44 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Then....your newly found "whimsicality" remains a mystery, ol' buddy..... Razz

Keep it comin'...and watch the show tonight, please (9 pm YOUR time..TNT). Truly interested on your personal "take", Pops.

Pages: 1

admin@deborahshelton.net www.deborahshelton.net