Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Username:
Password:

Pages: 1 2 »
May 20, 2012, 05:17:40 pm
gator
Supreme Member

For what it's worth, and in the spirit of keeping a long running 'hope' alive...here's a news release from Chicago Tribune:

" 'There's been a seamless transition of deviousness,' says Linda Gray, who returns from the original series, along with Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy, and others, for the reboot about oil, betrayal, and Ewing family values. Josh Henerson, Jesse Metcalfe, and Jordana Brewster are among the second generation schemers".

We know that Ken Kercheval has been signed, too. Anyway: June 13, 9 P.M. EDST is LAUNCH for the new "Dallas", folks. The long running attempt to put Our Girl's "waiting in the wings" thought in Productions head has drawn to a close...and it's 'game time'.

As mentioned in past mags, it's imperative that this new remake 'shoots the moon' on ratings for Miss D to have any chance to get on the national screen again. The longer the series runs, the more new story lines must take fruit...and if the sweep people are doing their job, then we'll hope for a sizable percentage of "last generation" viewers as part of those ratings. THAT should open the door for Deborah to be re-cast in, what we hope will be, a new level of advanced television genre...IF that is what this new series will present. We're gonna find out soon.

So.....speaking for all TRUE Deborah Shelton fans...our best hopes for a successful series. (any other "editorial comments" on past action on this Site are a waste of time tonight. We'll just focus on what's IMPORTANT).   YOU GO, GIRL!!!!!!

G..."g"iving it our best.

May 20, 2012, 05:38:47 pm
gator
Supreme Member

This is a reminder to proof read things before posting......June 13....9 P.M EDST....on.....TNT. (but most of us knew that already)

May 21, 2012, 02:14:51 pm
Erik
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

Thx for the update Gator - much appreciated!

May 22, 2012, 03:17:17 pm
didi
Supreme Member

First of all thx guys for you thorough support.

JP is still in the house and we need to bring him back to his hometown in Corsica..the mourning will take a while as this people including my wife have a long grievance on disapearings....but the man had a nice life and a loving family who takes care of him beyond his pass out...

Thanks again lads....

As for the Dallas purpose i was wondering if there's anyway we could put pressure onto the production to have Ms D on the show..on the other hand i think if she's not in, the whole show won't taste the same..

Well let us know if there 's anything we can do to bring the thing forward...

DD

We have no future, we have no past
I write this now while I'm in control
I'll choose the words and how the melody goes,
Along winding streets we walked hand in hand
And how I long for that sharp wind
To take my breath away again
I'd run my fingers through your hair.

May 22, 2012, 06:03:28 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Yo, Monsieur 'd'...glad to hear from you again....regarding your "personal" affairs, since you've seen fit to post this on The Site (v.s. E-mail), then I'll follow your lead------that sounds like a LOOOONG wake, mi amigo! I'm concerned as to the "grief" level of such a custom. With all respect, we're hoping they move along with this soon, and lay the poor gentleman to rest...then move on. My grandmother reminded us eons ago that when she went "Home", bury her and START LIVING again; "this is the land of the living...don't waste time" (her Italian dialect made it sound much nicer, but, we got it). Prayers that your grief will end soon.

As to Site attempts to "push the Deborah issue"...a LOOONG time ago, I sent an extended mail to Fonzi Productions, via Jannet Timm at Southfork. She SWEARS that she forwarded it to the appropriate individual...but, who knows? Like to think that SOMEONE read it. Anyway, it's the sticky topic "For What It's Worth" on General Chat. And...I did send it on behalf of the entire Site...which I realize now was a huge blunder. But, it looked good at the time.

I also forwarded to Eric...to relay to D's management...the names and general location of Production. Turns out that D worked with some of them before on the "Nip..." project. (the names escape me right now...they're on some past post, and my notes are 'recycled').

So, didi ole' buddy,----not sure what else we can do right now, up front. There are only FOUR of us, and the rest of these "gamokes" are like so many minnows in a large pond. I would think that The Girl's PROFESSIONAL  agents/managers would be on top of this somehow. I just wish AVPA was a little larger by now...we might make some serious noise. But, as it is, I'm still putting together "high profile" honorary members, and the web site isn't close to being ready yet. Current pledged membership is up to 236, but can't guarantee everyone of them is a Debbie Fan, anyway.....yet!

However, I DO have my life long buddy at ABC...still...and he's always good for inside info, at the appropriate time. Can't take advantage of him too much, though...for a series of reasons.

So, mon ami....taking an extended holiday weekend coming up, and I'll be able to report something by then. In the meantime...our best hopes for peace and harmony in your...and Miss L's...lives in the days/weeks ahead....Nos bemos el rotto (gotta learn how to lingo up on THAT language these days...on THIS side of the planet..."welcome to the United States"). Get back atchya' soon

Gator-esque...and Gailiene---------  P.S.  Thanks for your "Thanks", Wood Pecker.....uh.....Runner.

May 22, 2012, 06:18:29 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Correction... that Sticky Topic title with "the letter" is 'For All To See'....."ALL"???? Like I said, what a waste of time. But, I noticed the somewhat LARGE 'view' number on "Here Ye..." title. Maybe they're working behind the scenes. THAT would be a shock of shocks!!!

May 22, 2012, 07:03:00 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Didi,sorry for your loss.I didn't know you had a death in the family.My deepest sympathy.I pray you and your wife will be alright,and take your time.As long as he had a good life and I hope that it is an easy trip to the place of his burial.Grieving is a part of the healing process as long it is not a long severe one.Don't forrget your dogs.I am sure you won't forget that.    Garland

May 23, 2012, 02:12:36 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gatorand Gail,Thanks for the update on what's going on with the Dallas preoject.I hope the different geenerations will watch and boost ratings.They seem to be up with Dancing  With the Stars,and the other one I just can't remember,and reality TV.I don't care what Kadarshian is doing or who wins these talent programs.It just doesn't interest me,although I understand why others are interested.I never was much of a soap fan,even in the old days when they couldn't show one thousandth of what they show today.I just hope it will work out for Debbie's sake.See ya lator,Garland

May 25, 2012, 03:54:35 pm
didi
Supreme Member

Gator thx dude for all the update and the energy and concern involved....you and Erick have some keys in hands so keep pushing forward ,i also understand your frustration towards some site members but don't get too wrong on the people here...you're trying to give your best..and you give it the best way..

You know on forums it is much like politics many diferent views from many countries concerns etc....

Most of the registered members are only interested in a little part about Deborah very much depending on their own experience with the lady, it is very diferent for the 4 of us..you can't expect people to share your point of views or experiences..what i mean is that it's useless to blame the people who don't care because..they simply don't know..the internet nowadays is fast and also virtual..virtual of concern and fast in the sentiments..gathering people on a straight level has never been so hard even if it seems controversial due to the fact that things and people have never been so quicly and easely available.

We have to stick to our marks whether it 's sunny or thru a thunderstorm, that's what brings value to our endeavor.

I understand also that no one wants to bear the status of  a sole entertainer, i join you in that demeanor and i franckly admit that all of the four of us should get more involved in the process of keeping this place alive..does it have a real sense..do we believe we can change things or not?? or is it just a place where we stop by sometimes expecting something to happen??

If it is so then "the old guard" diserves his apelation..reminds me of these old japaneses soldiers they found on the pacific islands who did'nt know war was over?!

I'll stick to my former idea that this place "must" be part of Miss D 'life and we have to run it "along" with her in any manner and any means available.......

You mentionned before that Erick was in some way keeping D away from the board..what's the reason for that??

Should we feel responsible for the lack of participation or ashamed for any other reason???

Maybe Deborah should start "tweeting" and we'll see how many followers we got!?

We have to move a step further and upwards.

@Garland thx for your support and your kind words.

DD

May 26, 2012, 01:26:01 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Greetings, Gents..my literary skills are somewhat compromised at the moment, as I freely admit as to being in a state of "de-toxification" after last night's festivities. Definitely NOT in the habit of extended par-taking in recent years, but this weekend is a little special, and it started appropriately. Today is a "time out", however...til tomorrow.   icon_wink

Anyway, two things: primarily, it IS very encouraging to hear your re-established loyalty, didi ma' man. Never quite heard you put things that way before...not quite THAT way. And, yes, I agree with the "hold the line" attitude. I'm ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that Eric knows what he's doing in D's best interests, and, in my PERSONAL opinion, it's truly a matter of time before things will change with "The Site in Waiting'...on multiple levels. In the meantime, we're 'making a difference' by providing...a pulse. Much "merci beaucoups" for your refreshing comments.

Secondly...had a brief call back from my "New York Connection" late yesterday (while I could still read), and the news isn't exactly specific in nature, but informative nonetheless: ergo, as to "Dallas"---Paul couldn't nail down anything pointed as to EXACTLY what Production has planned, as networks generally don't share 'battle plans' with each other (understandably)..but rule of thumb dictates that every new project has a second, and sometimes third, season on the drawing board, with general story lines in place...all ready to promulgate (LOVE that word) depending on----the----RATINGS (natch!)...nothing new there. But the 'attitude' on the other side definitely has multiple options, what with two generations being bridged as part of the series concept. The "comment" cards from their private showings (usually, 200-300 at a crack, for TV series') will help steer the writers' course on what portions of the characters are pinging the most interest. We can only hope that there are a fair amount of "50-somethings" within that body of critics that can plant the Old Guard seed within their mind-set. THAT is the only open door for Miss D to return....and....a continued, high-numbered, write in campaign from a huge fan base..."Here Ye, Here Ye, etc"...Ohhhh, that it might happen.

But....before ANY of these scenarios can take place, the series itself has to SCORE, and score BIG, right out of the gate, and sustain a healthy viewer number. Otherwise, all the rest of future hopes remain academic. Consequently, we must simply pull for a Dallas victory.

Well, I've overtasked myself here ("you gotta be kidding me?"...nope, no bull...poor little gator...too bad: when you play...you PAY). Sooooo....til "the morrow", Bunchmeisters...and Papa G: don't forget to think about "The Trip"!!! You're looong overdue to get out of Virginia, anyway....ya' know?

G-Man...."g"onna re-hydrate   and P.S.  Hey Eric...why are you ALWAYS lagging behind on the Mag trail? Always trying to catch up! Speak!!!  (psyche!!!!!)

May 27, 2012, 09:59:33 am
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator and Gail,I am thinking about it,but I still have some time.Getting the health insurance straight as I turn 65 in July. Sounds like you are having a happy Memorial Day weekend.I am grateful to those who died in their service for this country including the ones who fought for our indepence.

May 27, 2012, 10:24:53 am
Garland English
Supreme Member

SEMPER FI

May 27, 2012, 01:02:46 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Deepest THX for your gratitude, Papa. On THIS day, we remember, and honor, those countless souls that have given the Supreme Sacrifice in the service, and preservation, of our Republic...May the Lord keep them in the Hollow of His hand...."No greater love than this, that a man (woman) give up his life for his friends." God bless our freedom.

And as to your  "Semper Fi"...as a 'civilian', you have the 'authority' to relay that solemn, exclusive sentiment...cuz I, as a Marine veteran of two conflicts, extend it to you......respectfully. Much gratitude!!!! (taking it as military courtesy from the CSA...God bless Robert E. Lee!!!)

Check with ya' once more before I'm OTR again, Pops....(by Wednesday, I think. Gonna take a couple more off, cuz this next one is 3 weeks+)................a "hi" from G-Girl, too.

Gator-goof

May 28, 2012, 04:09:35 pm
didi
Supreme Member

I like that!!

Don't think it will appeal to many people nowadays......

People just have to remember that freedom has a price....any way you put it up bown,up right ,left.......no peace without violence...choose your team!

Thx dude to remind us we can have our asses safe sitting on the couch....!

Cheers good man.

May 28, 2012, 05:11:35 pm
gator
Supreme Member

THX, "d"...check out "Message to the World" on the Chat side, too.....Eric put in the "sticky topic" department...good of him.

Yeah...freedom has the HIGHEST price. But yet, it's PRICELESS. It takes the "Supreme..." to keep the deed. France is not without its "contribution"

As to you, amigo....are things back to normal yet? (whatever THAT is on your own meter). Let us know...we've thought about you, here and there, from time to time, regarding your "situation".

Not going OTR til Wednesday. Let's talk one more time (I'll throw a "Deborah" thing in there, too...regarding "Dallas"...somewhat amusing.

Dormez bien, mon bon ami...nous allous discuter demain.

Gator-iene...(and Gailiene Antoinette)

Pages: 1 2 »

admin@deborahshelton.net www.deborahshelton.net