Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Username:
Password:

Pages: 1 2 3 »
April 02, 2012, 04:55:50 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Well, I admit that I've been dragging my feet to keep some activity going here lately, but family issues are the ONLY thing that will cause that, and we had a couple.

But, sun is shining now. So....I'll throw a little something out here to stir it up a bit: anyone watching the Country Music Awards last night saw this (if you weren't in the 'john', or something, at commercial times). And for those who didn't, and actually give a flying flock (THAT's a select minority), then here it is, such as it is:

A 30 second spot....30 seconds !!!..on a major, prime time, network (CBS...how appropriate) for the "Dallas" premier...in...June. Was always understood that it would be in August. But, eager minds have altered that, and it's interesting to contemplate as to why. But, I can tell you this: the two highest rated calendar days in television are: #1: Monday evenings...and, #2: Sundays...period (I believe Thursday evenings are #3). Commercial time on those slots are considerably higher than the rest of the week (nothing beats Super Bowl, of course).

So, for TNT to cough up extra bucks to get that spot out, at that time, means (from what experience I have in that industry) that Turner higher-ups are pumped for this new series, are expecting high ratings, and...already have blue prints for entire seasons on the board. The fact that they commited to 10 episodes vs. the original 12-14 means that their spot features had good to excellent reviews, and the TNT execs were already sold on the pilot...but, undecided on a 'target' time slot...they didn't want to commit to an overlaping season switch (usually in September), until they saw the spot numbers....Well, they saw them, and now they're re-positioning a shorter season...in June...to cover the slow summer, so as to come out swinging in September. Betting windows are open: episodes have been, and are presently, being filmed, in installments, in preparation for the Fall.

So....so what? What about it? Well, to me, it means an odds-on roll of the dice that "Dallas" is gonna shoot the moon on ratings, and hopefully, be a mainstay on a major cable network, with international syndication....thereby....compelling the writers to expand their story lines, open doors to new ideas, and....tap into the old vs. young concept (knowing full well that the original old guard viewers are still breathing, above ground, and WATCHING) and eventually...hopefully....prayerfully get The Girl BACK ON THE DAMN SCREEN!!!!

Still like the idea of Miss D showing up suddenly in some episode (advisably, a 'season finale'), with JR's "illegitimate" child (should it be a son or daughter?)...and throwing a LARGE wrench in the works, considering the lineup they already have that's in line for "The Fortune". Whoever the child is will have to be someone VERY good, in case they spotlight him/her, and regulate Miss D to a lesser role, like they did in Godfather 3: Andy Garcia/"Lucy Mancini". But...if Hagman lives long enough (God willing), then a rejuvenation of their relationship could complicate things even more. And, there are enough of us old Dallas fans to soak THAT ONE up for a few months (may not tintilate the younger crowd, but...hey! they were ours FIRST. Deal with it!!). Soap operas, even prime time ones, need ALL the grief in life that they can conjure up to  to have an extended life of their own. (but, there's a 'limit' to everything...a.k.a. "All My Children". Don't think, though, that "Dallas" will last 40 years...I know I won't).

So....there. I blew my load for the night. Anyone have additional comments, observations, or nonsensical quips of any kind? Especially you Wild Bunch personna? (and as to the rest of you so-called fans...if you wanna shut me up...permanently...then I'll give ya' a clue: SAY SOMETHING INTELLIGENT!!!! THAT would be enough to cause a myocardial infarction...'heart attack' for you morons....and SILENCE me ad infinitum. Go ahead....make YOUR day!!!)

The Great Gator (ya' think?)   P.S. Hey Eric...that "illegitimate" thing was YOUR idea...wasn't it? You talk to D. Wasn't that exchanged somewhere along the line between you two? I know....I...didn't think of it. But...I WOULD have, given enough time. icon_wink

April 02, 2012, 05:47:08 pm
Erik
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

Hey Gator,

Thanks for the update and the insight into how the industry works. For the uninitiated here, Gator worked extensively in The Biz in the past (and maybe in the future, too...  icon_wink)

I can't recall where the "JR's illegitimate child" concept came from (no, it was not originally mine), but it's been bandied about as a possibility ever since the new pilot was announced. In fact, it might have been Deb herself who told me. Deborah's people are all over this, and if the Series hits, all bets are off...

As I said before, and I'll say it again (Our Slogan):

"Let's put Mandy Winger back in Dallas, where she belongs!"

April 03, 2012, 11:07:37 am
didi
Supreme Member

Whoah very technical the alegator...!

You sure know your thing brother.

Unfortunately i don't like Dallas....but Mandy..oh Mandy.. icon_wink

Ok you guys take care of everything ,i count on you!

If she's not in the show then ..i won't watch it!!  simple as that!!

But i'm sure you will do all of what's necessary to make myself an happy French boy.... Bravo

Thank you.

DD

We have no future, we have no past
I write this now while I'm in control
I'll choose the words and how the melody goes,
Along winding streets we walked hand in hand
And how I long for that sharp wind
To take my breath away again
I'd run my fingers through your hair.

April 03, 2012, 03:47:26 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Yo didi, ole' boy...always glad to see you back in your "Bunchie" status. Forget that "retirement" jazz from now on, si cela ne vous derange pa (gotta feeling I messed that one, but you get the drift).

And...hey Papa G...I see you. Still healthy, young man?

Yo Eric: well, if it wasn't you, and I know it wasn't me, then it had to be The Girl on that infamous day. I do remember touching on the Dallas topic...and this story line just didn't come outta nowhere. So, yeah, it must of been an idea she spit out during the talk. I even remember the "should it be male or female" concept... I'm afraid that conversation is still something of a mental blur. (guess I was on "auto pilot")  Well, whatever it takes to get her back. ----Hey! How about TWINS? (fraternal). THAT might be a new concept. (naw, that sounds silly. "One Life To Live" wouldn't even try that one)

Speaking of getting her back...to all you SILENT souls out there that are reading the "HEAR YE..." Sticky Topic (and there have been a considerable amount of you, as I've noticed on the score card): keep those calls, e-mails, cards, letters, carrier pidgeons...whatever...headed to Atlanta. With the pomp being dished out on the new remake, and with, prayerfully, the undeniable success of the regular season (when it gets here), then the groundwork is laid for an eventual return of The Girl. Remember, "Dallas" has to explode on the scene, and stay there for more than one season, for Miss D to slip in thru the back door...and the powers-that-be have to know that there's more than a fair amount of viewers waiting, and hoping, for that. We can make that difference. Even if you refuse to join in here, save some 'breath' for the REAL priority...there HAS to be more than 4 of us...there just has to be!!!!.......(hey Eric, why do I feel like Ron Paul right now?)

On a more somber note (speaking of Dallas)...have been following the carnage down there this afternoon. Checked with a couple of customers, and they're OK, thank God, as is South Fork. Gave 'em a call, and spoke briefly with Annie (I remember her from the Gift Shop). No serious damage, but they got whipped up pretty good with 60 MPH winds...but no funnels. The one we watched on the Internet (chopper video) tossed some 53 footers around like leaves in the wind. The only thing that can do that is an F4, or worse. Smaller twisters will "knock over" a full trailer, or push them along the ground for 100 ft, or so...but, NOT pick them up in mid air and drop them several hundred yards down the pipe. THAT was a scary looking bastard, too. Hit Arlington, and the southern counties mostly. But the whole front is 100 miles long. No report yet on casualties. Praying that it's minimal, if not ZERO...just pick up the "pieces"...not the people. Our hearts and prayers go out to the REAL Dallas, at this time.

Gotta turn the chicken on the grill now, Boys...yep...that's right...THE GRILL..as in, outside...as in...gorgeous day here...as in...we dodged the bullet this year in Chi-town!!! (got this horrible notion that I shouldn'ta' said that ...quite yet...too late now)...soon, fellow Bunchies.

G-Man (as in "Grill Master")

April 03, 2012, 04:10:27 pm
gator
Supreme Member

DAMN!!!!! Now THAT made my day...getting ready to sign off, and....ALL FOUR OF US  are on line silultaneously...THAT is history, my friends.

Truly...that tickled my 'inerds'....it's the little things in life......THANKS, BRO'S!!!!

G......"g"lad I know y'all.

April 03, 2012, 04:17:12 pm
Erik
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

Could have been Deb, but it might also have been the buzz from some other Dallas fans. In fact, I think that's where that rumour came from... As to the nature of JR's newly discovered family addition(s) (whether twins or not), I'd accept them being Space Aliens if it would get Deborah back on the tube in prime time!  So sweet  (Mandy: "I was raped by extraterrestrial invaders!")  Big grin

As to your Ron Paul quip (I know you're jerking my chain a bit, Bro), he may be last at the convention, but he's still (by far) the best choice for President of any politician in the good old US of A! Being a Canuck, I don't get to vote in your Primaries or the General, but I know who I'd vote for if I could. To my many American friends reading this: Ron Paul in 2012!   Cool So sweet (Sorry for the political advert, but you asked for it Gatorade!) So how's that Romney vs. Obama thingy working for y'all?  icon_wink

Hope everyone in Dallas/Fort Worth is OK! You ok Jan? Let us know! Seeing those tractor trailers flying through the air like bottle rockets was pretty incredible!  Eek  They're saying no fatalities, at least to this point... Hope it stays that way - Praise the Lord!  Bravo

April 03, 2012, 04:20:45 pm
didi
Supreme Member

Yet again sone gatoresque "efervescence" i love you dude ..especially the way you turn things up and down...

You diserve an award good man..or a position in politics..whatever..

I really like this energy i'm not too much into licking ass...well in fact very much depends on the forthcoming politics around here(France)..but believe it or not you get my vote buddy!

Franckly speaking  i don't get all the subtuality of your slang language(or alusions..you know.... Erik knows..... Garland this and that.....mmmh...... can see what 's going on here.i know it's all about sex anyway..) but i hardly try to be part of the "bunch".

Ms Shelton these guys are pervs but i'm not ,this explains why i decided to retire.... Roll eyes

April 03, 2012, 04:24:50 pm
gator
Supreme Member

The "Ron Paul" thing was meant to insinuate that I had had something REALLY GREAT to say, but the masses would it ignore it. In my own way, I was inadvertently supporting YOUR guy.

But...YOUR perception seems a little more......FUN  icon_wink

"Pull your chain?"...Think I can come up with something better than Ron Paul, mon ami... Laughing

You are definitely the most American-Canadian in history (among other things...if they only knew)  double, dog  Laughing

Big Brother

April 03, 2012, 04:33:49 pm
didi
Supreme Member

The bucheron is back in the high life!!!!

I thought you were buried in the snow from the two last winters but hell tick him a bit and he's back into business ..bienvenue mon ami...enfin bon retour parmi les tiens...si je peux me permettre monsieur le Canadien..

Space twins ..why not ..thought De Palma retired ...but as we'll take it for granted i've seen "Hunk" after that all the twins from space can apply to "La Sorbonne".

You're right buddy whatever comes in is good anyway....even Dallas.

Hummm Mandy can you scratch my back..please.... Eek

You take care "The Bunch".

DD

April 03, 2012, 04:40:22 pm
didi
Supreme Member

Might soud a bit of subject but i get your diferent posts with some delay...

Ok Ok i' m hardly trying to find an excuse for my extensively poor imagination over here...

PLEASE HELP! Cool

April 03, 2012, 04:45:08 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Good one, didier....REEEEAL good one. You know, we should start charging a "cover" charge (do they have that In France?) for this "B" level entertainment we're offering the rest of the planet....kinda' like a "going no where" sitcom.

Really, Monsieur D...I KNOW you were hear (USA) long enough to pick up on American slang, quips, inuendos, etc. So....I would surmise that your "perv" remark is the French version of....BYB. icon_wink

Keep 'em coming...("and you aren't going anywhere, Frenchie..." (retirement)...guess WHO just said that from across the house, Senor d?)

Hey, Garland, you old Papa you...saw you were on, and posting....then ya' split....talk to this Frenchman and set him straight, will ya'? He might need some good old fashion Southern Gentleman "schmooze"

April 03, 2012, 04:48:08 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Stick with us, didi-meister. We'll fix ya' right up  Big grin

G-man..."g"onna stick with it....c'mon along, d

April 03, 2012, 04:57:23 pm
Erik
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

Glad to see that you're gaining an appreciation for Ron Paul Gator - seems you've finally acknowledged that I was right all along in those political discussions we've had...  Big grin  Big grin

Shouldn't have admitted I like Ron on a public forum - next thing ya know, they'll be kicking me out of the country for my Libertarian views!  Big grin

Hey Didi - if you've suffered through Hunk (which is tied with "Bloodtide" as D's most embarrasing project), then Space Alien Twins would be a great improvement...

April 03, 2012, 05:00:10 pm
didi
Supreme Member

I'd love to buddy need a bit of conversion here ..i'd apply with pleasure....

My pricess is callig me(the one with the two long falling ears) and the othe one with the two big ....  is brawling and starting calling me names ..you know the story........whatta life!

You guys take care gotta go get rested .......job to be done tomorow and it's about 2am over here....

Take care everyone ..it's a real pleasure...to be retired!

April 03, 2012, 05:02:43 pm
gator
Supreme Member

2 AM ?????!!!!!!! Mon Dieu!!!! Night night, Sweet Frenchie.

Pages: 1 2 3 »

admin@deborahshelton.net www.deborahshelton.net