Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Username:
Password:

Pages: 1
March 16, 2012, 04:13:38 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Gee Rina...guess you didn't answer fast enough....Sherriff Eric nothches another one on his "lurker' hit list....naaaah, we didn't buy that "wanna learn more about the Site" crap either. Try another site, sweetie.

March 17, 2012, 02:23:14 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator,hi Gail,she fooled me.Why do people join if they are not even going to participate? Some join and never return to te site.Some might join just to read the posts.Is this why Deborah will not say something on her site?

March 17, 2012, 05:00:41 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Hey Pops...yes, that's EXACTLY why Eric shields Miss D from active interaction to this point...this "increasing membership" garbage is either lurkers looking for free advertising, and leaving a "calling card" as they pass thru and disappear, or, peeping toms looking for cheap thrills.

As for me, I can see the peeping tom idea if it were connected to sincere fandom...I'm not gonna lie about the fact that I, and multiple members of our Film Club, feel exactly the same way...we LOVE to admire The Girl...truly, an exceptionaly beautiful woman. But our interest, as you yourself knows, extends beyond physical beauty to her career, and to a degree, her personal welfare. The words "admiation" and "respect" come to mind. I really thought that somewhere in the last 16 months that I've been a member that we'd see just a few additional souls that might feel the same way, and willingly wish to interact, and "learn more about The Site (law of averages). Well...what a crock !!! (up til now, anyway).

Still, though, membership was at 734 the day I joined...that's from what?...'02...'03? In that same 16 months, it's climbed to 2663 (I think). And look at the summary numbers...especially the "view" column...not ALL those views can be coming from lurkers. The Girl's international interest STILL exists to this day, for one reason or another. But until the "chemistry" changes here, or, she gets back in high profile circulation, then I agree with Eric. I know something of what's going on.

Anyway...gotta run for the moment. But...good luck with Norfolk State (gee, how sigificant is THAT school within the Deborah Shelton mentality?)...what an upset!!....more on that tomorrow...if you're interested. Have a good Saturday night, Papa. Best from G-Girl, too.

G-Man

March 19, 2012, 04:41:06 pm
gator
Supreme Member

OUCH....sorry Papa...Norfolk State: now you see 'em...now you dont. But...they took out Mizzou, so they had their 15 minutes.

March 19, 2012, 08:07:00 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator ,hi Gail,I also had an interest in Virginia Commonwealth University(VCU).They made it to the final four last year.They pulled off the upset of Witchita State,but lost by 2 to Indiana.Still not bad for a Richmond school.

March 20, 2012, 03:39:46 pm
gator
Supreme Member

And...looks like our Illini might get your coach. Only glanced at his name....rather unusual, as I recall.

March 20, 2012, 07:49:20 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator and hi Gail,the coach for the VCU Rams is Shaka Smart and only in his second year as coach.I don't know anything about his plans for the future.

March 21, 2012, 09:02:46 am
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator and Gail,we were talking about the Bears on another thread,about their Super Bowl in the 1985 season and 1963 NFL championship.I just remebered Loyola of Chicago in 1963.The finals came down to them and the Cincinnati Bearcats.Cincinnati was ranked #1 and Loyola#2 in the country..Cincinnati led at halftime by something like 15 or so points.Loyola came back to tie the game and send it into overtime.Loyola won and were the national champions.I can't remember their name.I was wondering if you remember this.

March 21, 2012, 09:27:15 am
Garland English
Supreme Member

I looked it up and the Ramblers were their name and the score was 60-58.I am still wondering if you remember it.

March 21, 2012, 09:30:09 am
Garland English
Supreme Member

Basketball of course.

March 23, 2012, 04:36:41 pm
gator
Supreme Member

No. Papa, I don't. Collegiate basketball wasn't in the frame of mind of an 11 year old back then...Bears (cuz Dad was bananas over them) and Blackhawks...cuz I...me....I was garbonzas over them. I do remember reading of it in later years.

Other than that, the only other mental association I have with Loyola University is that G-Girl's first "love of her life" went there. (notice that they haven't reach the Elite 8 since). Laughing...and..... Mad

Checking other mags, Pops. Call ya' this weekend.

G-Man

March 23, 2012, 10:08:10 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator and Gail,I saw that game with my father.They were the top two teams in the country and the buildup to that game was kind of big.There were only 16 teams in the national tournrment and only conference champions were automatic and some independent teams were invited.It was an exciting game and it looked like Loyola was going to lose and their comeback was exciting.They tied the game at the buzzer.Even the overtime was exciting.                                   The VCU Rams coach Shaka Smart has decided to stay at VCU.

Pages: 1

admin@deborahshelton.net www.deborahshelton.net