Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Username:
Password:

Pages: 1
December 11, 2011, 09:13:14 am
gator
Supreme Member

Hey Chief...Lurker Alert...another one that doesn't see "sticky warnings......and Hey Papa: Item #1...package ready. NOW gotta decide USPO or UPS. Either way, going out tomorrow. Item#2: Check it out...we have Skins/Patriots today. Will share the excitement (or pain) with you. Hope they're AT LEAST respectable (as long as Grossman stays on bench). We'll have our own problems with Tebow & Co later (actually, it's a win-win for me...I greatly respect that young man). And...Item#3: regarding Xmas calls, even if she doesn't...WE certainly will....comprende'?

Soon, Padre. Stay well.

G & G

December 11, 2011, 02:38:42 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Well, we were hoping for "respectable"...and we ended up with: "damn, man...that was close". First time our housefull ever went goofy over another team. They followed my lead...heavy Skins fans there for a while (even those that still miss Grossman, fools that they are). Plus, our nephew is stationed outside D.C. . So, there you have it, Pops: hands across the nation...we tried.

But now, we're REALLY enjoyng the "barn burner" in Denver...regular 'pitcher's duel'...one can also say "pathetic". But, without Cutler and Forte, at least WE have an excuse.

2nd half firing up....back to the "circus". Later, Papa.

Goofy Gator

December 11, 2011, 03:04:25 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator,hi Gail,I will be waiting for package any way you send it.I am at home quite a bit.                       I guess the Redskins weren't meant to win against the Patriots.We came so close but I would like to see a look at the offencive pass interference that took away the touchdown that would have tied the game.There were a couple of no calls that I think should have been called on the Patriots that are very often called.The hit on Brady that was called a personal foul was another one.It was nowhere near the head.Arakpo said even Brady told him it was a terrible call.The replay showed it too,and the annoucers even said so.They keep changing the rules every year and the calls are very inconsistant.Grossman didn't play a bad game except the fumble in their own endzone.Touchdown Pats.They were considering going for the two piont conversion than go into overtime.They probably would have missed it I am watching a post game show on another station.They are usually quite critical of the Skins,but they can't stop talking about the bad calls.They definately outplayed the Patriots,especially in the running game.It did seem strange scoring touchdowns that said Army in one endzone and Navy in the other.That was because the Army- Navy game was played there yesterday.I did watch that.                                                                        I wasn't really expecting her to call me on Christmas but will appreciate any calls.  I guess that's all for now so until next time goodbye and thanks for everything,GarlandP.S.You sent another post before I could send mine.I am getting the Packers-Raiders but  i see where the Bears just scored. Hope they win.

December 11, 2011, 04:39:42 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator,hi Gail,stuck with the Packers-Raiders game Pack leading 46-16,but they showed the Bears fumble in OT and Broncos first kick a 59 yd.feild goal to tie and send it to OT and after the fumble, Broncs kick 51 yarder to win.Some things juat don't seem meant to be.Instead they happen just to tease and torment.A couple of tough losses today.Garland

December 12, 2011, 02:56:46 pm
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator,hi Gail,I know why you like Tim Tebow,he used to be a Gator at the University of Florida.Kidding of course.I believe he was on the Florida team that won the national champinship one year..I also think their basketball team won the national championship that same year.First time ever.                               No hurry for parcel package,I am here and waiting for the call.I love Debbie.I have been for 41and1/2years.I couldn't understand it back then,I couldn't understand what was happenning to me.but I understand it better now.         Take care and you too Gail,Garland

December 12, 2011, 05:39:27 pm
gator
Supreme Member

OK Papa..it's on the way via USPO. They said 3-5 business days. Assuming they know what they're talking about, you'll hopfully see it Thursday thru next Monday. Please advise when it arrives. I might still be OTR (peak season...goin' for the 'gold') but Gail will keep an eye on screen. Or....feel free to call. You have my numbers. And if you lost them, they're on the "American Veterans" mag.

As to Bears nausea yesterday, the house was like a morge...me too, which is unusual, since my expectations 'went south' when we lost Cutler....AND....Forte. But, as they say, it was ours to win, and Barber had a mental lapse with 1:55 left, on a simple end run....RUNS OUT OF BOUNDS when all he had to do was drop to one knee, and let the clock run. Broncos would have never gotten the ball back. But, as it was, we're forced to OT. And THEN, he fumbles the sucker with open field in front of him. I think he's still "sleepless in Chi-Town" as we speak. Gonna be a loooong time before he lets THAT game go. So, playoff hopes, which were thin anyway, have gone anorexic now. Screw it! We're following Hawks now (gonna take some time before anyone gets excited over Bulls.)

Launching tomorrow, Pops. Call if you wish...and, as always....stay well (keep those buns in motion, young man...get the numbers where they belong...ya' hear?)

G-Man and G-Girl

P.S. That's a good one regarding Tebow (Gator!) But, truth is, his open demonstration of faith is the main point that's admirable to us. We have a strong Faith ourselves, and it's refreshing and encouraging to see someone in the spotlight live as his beliefs dictate. Hearing A LOT of "Merry Xmas" and "Happy New Year" out there, too. The nation is taking back its heritage. The athiests had their "15 minutes". Now? Time to get back to normal.

December 14, 2011, 08:36:51 am
Garland English
Supreme Member

Hi gator,hi Gail,just checked on Tebow.He was a freshman on the Florida Gators national championship team in 2006.Their basketball team also won the 2006-2007 basketball national championship.The first time a school has done that. As for his getting down on one knee and giving thanks to God,some think that should be a penalty like those who do dances and whatever else to draw attenion to themselves.I don't think it is.I know what you mean by hearing "Merry Christmas" instead of the meaningless Happy Holidays,so afraid somebody might be offended.Walmart tried that a few years ago,and when people stopped shopping there,they changed it back.             Have a good road trip,Garland.

Pages: 1

admin@deborahshelton.net www.deborahshelton.net