Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Username:
Password:

Pages: 1
November 29, 2011, 03:32:30 pm
gator
Supreme Member

As of last Saturday, a new, grass roots organization has been formed: American Veterans for the Performing Arts. Our intended concept is to establish a wide-based membership for the purpose of supporting and endorsing all elements of the Ameican entertainment industry...film, television, radio, the stage, and fledging film production companies. The endorsments alone can make a HUGE difference with whomever we're supporting, considering the respect, and prestige, that this country has bestowed on we veterans in recent years...and gratefully/deservedly so (I served in a generation that was not overly gracious to us, to put it very mildly. So, THIS current public attitude is a refreshing blessing).

The specifics of this organization will find their own way in the days ahead, as to what EXACTLY we're going to do with this opportunity. Increased membership is priority one at present, and we have a fair number of Chicago based Marines that are enthusiastic about 'the cause'. So...the word is out: if any of you visitors that are passing thru, or new members, or current members, are interested in coming aboard...and...you are veterans of any of the American services, then please speak up. It costs NOTHING to join, but we will need a base national membership list to provide authenticity. We're currently preping the logistics to issue membership cards, hard copy newsletters, and, eventually, our own Site. You can use THIS Site to comm with us, or, my e-mail is gailhanck@gmail.com, or...nat'l cell numbers are 630-710-5529 and 708-774-5709.

And, yo...Eric. I remember D's interest in pursuing stage opportunities during our chat with her. So happens that Gary Sinise is a co-founder of Steppenwolf, and VERY active with Chicago based Marines with our yearly Cantigny Festival. He's been appearing there the last 3 years either personally, or with "The Lt Dan Band". Had the pleasure of meeting him last year, too. Great guy, and a monstrous supporter of the Veteran cause, what with his nephew serving more than one tour. I have this notion of weeding thru contacts to obtain a hook within Steppenwolf's organization to perhaps open a door for D, if and when she's ever truly interested in 'chasing the light'. If nothing else, I could provide a significant link to whomever might open a LARGE door for D to pursue, IF she still decides on that course. You might mention it to her during your next chat.

And...since this is an international web site...one of our compadres had a thought: why not invite ALL veterans, ANY nation, to jump on board? If you love the arts (which have NO political drawlines..or, they shouldn't*), then feel free to inquire. Hey Eric, as I recall, your one boy is a Canadian veteran MP, isn't he?....*Note: if you're a Pakistani Vet, check with your government first....things are a little tense with you right now. And if you're Revolutionary Guard? Stay home. We DO have our limits....straight up!

First Amendment at it's best...and that, among other things, is what we served for. So...all that said, let us know if you're interested. I really feel that we could enhance the prestige of both the Veteran family of this world, and the entertainment industry in this nation in ways that haven't manifested themselves yet. The call, and the hand, is out.

Gator - a.k.a. Gary Shilkatis, SSGT, USMC (Ret)

November 30, 2011, 08:24:44 am
Erik
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

Hey Gary,

Best of luck with this endeavour, which supports both American Vets and the performing arts. A great concept that could make a difference in a lot of folks' lives.  Bravo

I know Deborah is interested in stage work - she's done it before - although I don't know if a temporary move to Chi-town is in the cards at this point, given her family obligations. I will mention it to her, nonetheless, because it could represent a great opportunity for her, even if it's down the road.

Once again, best of luck with this effort, and you know this site will back you guys up in any way we can... Working

December 02, 2011, 04:57:20 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Yo, Mr Administrator....thanks for reply...forwarding to Miss D, and the Site's support. Just got in from the road, and, as usual, no response yet. When we think "Site", guess we have to stick with you, me, Garland, and an occassional didi. Getting more done out here, and thru word of mouth, anyway. All it takes is....ONE....response from THIS screen, and will throw a party.

Check with you via "regular means" over weekend. Stay well til then.

December 05, 2011, 04:58:33 pm
gator
Supreme Member

38 Views, minus me twice, and Eric once...and none of you are Veterans? With ANY Service? Reservists are welcome too, ya' know. Don't want to have start petitioning Eagle Scouts.

December 09, 2011, 02:26:36 pm
gator
Supreme Member

Now it's 51 views as of this date....and no replys.....too many 'civilians' I guess.

No sweat. Direct approach working better anyway. Membership in Chi-town now at 113. Next year at this time, they'll be 2... or 3.... more zeros at the end.

March 06, 2012, 04:33:40 pm
gator
Supreme Member

86 views...all slimey civilians, I bet....Guess I shouldn't have expected much else. Doesn't matter. The 'direct' approach is working much better.

But...if....just....ONE....Veteran...replies..........

Pages: 1

admin@deborahshelton.net www.deborahshelton.net