Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Username:
Password:

Pages: 1 2 »
October 21, 2005, 02:30:27 pm
waldo_

Sep 10th, 2003

----------------------------------------------------------

I don't see any mention of him in previous posts.
When did they split up?

October 21, 2005, 02:30:55 pm
Erik_

Late 80s I believe ('88 or '89) ...

October 21, 2005, 02:31:32 pm
Christo_

The only thing I will say is that there is something wrong with this man to leave a woman like Debbie.

October 21, 2005, 02:32:00 pm
waldo_

I started to make similar remarks about his mental state but I thought I'd leave that fun for you guys...

Nice of him to get out of the way though

October 21, 2005, 02:32:34 pm
Garland_

In October, 1984 a movie critic for The Richmond Times Dispatch talked to Debbie over the phone about her role in the movie Body Double, and her new role on the tv series Dallas. They also talked about her marriage to Shuki Levy. She first met him in Paris around Christmas,1976.They talked to each other over the phone a lot,and 17 days after they met they got married in Paris in January,1977. This caught me by surprise. I had no idea she had remarried. It seems that love at first sight didn't work out for her again, although this one lasted longer. I did not know they had divorced until I read it on this websight.I have never been married, but if I had been married especially to her, I could never do anything to hurt her, especially what he did. Garland for some reason it won't let me use my name.

October 21, 2005, 02:33:00 pm
waldo_

I think you have to log in, and THEN go to the message board. You can read messages without logging in, but it screws you up if you write a reply.

October 21, 2005, 02:33:27 pm
Erik_

Shuki Levy has been favored by Fortune far more than most men, and I'm *not* referring to his immense material wealth. Deborah really loved him, and I think she was badly hurt when they split up.

That's all I'm going to say on this subject, because it crosses the line into Deborah's personal life.

In spite of what he may have done, however, we should remember that he's still Tamara's father, and therefore we probably should respectfully hold our collective tongues in this matter. But you all know that I completely share the sentiments that have been expressed in this thread...

October 21, 2005, 02:33:56 pm
Christo_

Thats right!

October 21, 2005, 02:34:19 pm
waldo_

17 days, eh?
I think it was about the same for my parents. And they both regretted their rash behavior many times over the next 39 years...

I guess Deborah and Shuki were together past '88-'89 judging by the 1991 release date of Blind Vision. (If I have that right.)

October 21, 2005, 02:34:44 pm
Erik_

I think they collaborated on "Blind Vision" several years after the divorce, but I could be wrong. I don't know why they did, but it must have been in everyone's mutual interest.

What I find interesting is that it was shot in Norfolk (not exactly a movie-making mecca), which must have been Deborah's choice - maybe she needed to be there at the time (family reasons, perhaps?). Probably a lot cheaper than shooting in Hollywood...

October 21, 2005, 02:35:11 pm
jans_

Reading all the posts just makes me admire Deborah all the more. She's had some adversity in her life and handled it well; she's a very strong, classy woman, and as all of you have said, accomplished. She's done so many things, I saw an interview many years ago, and she talked about writing song lyrics, and she's also fluent in several languages.

October 21, 2005, 02:35:36 pm
Christo_

Welcome on the board Jans!

October 21, 2005, 02:36:09 pm
Garland_

Hello jans. I wonder if this was the same interview I saw on Larry King on CNN. When King asked her about that, she said she just seem to pick up differant languges traveling to other countries.She may have studied some,but she is a brillant girl.She almost became a docter.She comes from a long family of doctors,but I guess it was something she just didn't want to do. She studied premed at Maryland &was going to ODU in Norfolk when she won Miss USA. I don't know if she ever finished.

October 21, 2005, 02:36:33 pm
Erik_

Welcome to the board, jans! Garland, I've never seen the Larry King interview, but I remember another interview where Deborah discussed her family background and how she had been groomed for a career in medicine. She studied science and math, but as you say, her heart lay elsewhere - even though her family disapproved. They viewed drama courses as only appropriate for " dumb kids" and a career in Hollywood as something that no one who was "ok in the head" would aspire to! I'm sure they meant well, but Debbie chose her own path (fortunately for us, I guess)!

Garland, good call on pointing out that Deborah is brilliant as well as beautiful! It's a fact that some people seem to be unaware of...

October 21, 2005, 02:37:27 pm
jans_

Thanks, I found a really interesting article on the web written about Shuki Levy in 1998 I believe. He talks a lot about how he met Deborah, although he does not mention her by name. He says they and they still have a good relationship...?

Pages: 1 2 »

admin@deborahshelton.net www.deborahshelton.net